- Lauren Albin: "Of This Body," "Rural Fix"
- Margaret Bashaar: "Cannibal Island Dream Sequence"
- Norman Dubie: "Trow Hill, Vermont"
- Esther Lin: "Danaë Sprung"
- Mark Wagenaar: "The Magnet Boy of Serbia"
The Southeast Review Poetry Contest 2016, Judged by David Kirby
- Samuel Cross: "Self Portrait as Bigfoot, Turning Myself In"
- George Drew: "One Burning Mississippi Afternoon"
- Rebecca Lauren: "Miriam Leads the Israelite Women to Band Camp While Zipporah Marks Time"
- Samuel Piccone: "Let Us Consider"
- Elizabeth Tannen: "Dear You (Home Ghazal)"
- Chelsea Dingman: "The Girl in the River"
- Alexandra Comeaux: "The Community Pool: Softness and Survival in Film: Artist Interview," "Not without a scar.," "I had never kissed a boy in water before.," "We were nineteen and trembling with the gravity of being that way.," "The Language of men.," "He told me to call again tomorrow.," "Light.," "Focus.," "Rush."
- Folio: Three Artists: Yi Xiao Chen, Dao Linh, and Aleksandra Panic
- Yi Xiao Chen: "Celebrating Beauty and Boldness: Artist Interview"
- Dao Linh: "Narrative Story Telling: Childhood, Myth, and Magic"
- Aleksandra Panic: "Porcelain Masks and Myth"
- Christian Holt: "Argyle & Flock's Milk Bar"
- Victoria Miluch: "It Would Be in a Movie"
World's Best Short-Shorty Story Contest 2016, Judged by Robert Olen Butler
- Danielle Davis: "A Proper Expression"
- Joyce Frank: "Education on a Winter's Day"
- L. L. McDonals: "Hunt"
- Brooke McKinney: "The Demolitionist"
- Beejay Silcox: "Keraunopathy"
- Thomas J. McConnell: "Boccaccio"
- Jill McCabe Johnson: "You Should Never have Dated Him in the First Place and Other Helpful Stalking Advice"
- Jonathan Starke: "Some things You Should Know bout Me Now"
The Southeast Review Narrative Nonfiction Contest 2016, Judged by Elizabeth Stuckey-French
- Barrett Bowlin: "Some of You But Not All of You"
- Caitlin Mcgill: "Museum of Endangered Sounds"
- Gwen Holt: "The Ditch Bank and the Fence Line"
- Dorothy Chan: "From One Poet to Another: On Habitate of Stones, an Interview with Ezra Dan Feldman"
- Renata Fuchs: "Blackbirds in September: Selected Shorter Poems of Jürgen Becker, Jürgen Becker, trans. by Okla Elliott"
- Charlotte Muzzi: "White Blight, Athena Farrokhzad"
- Feroz Rather: "The Mersault Investigation, Kamel Daoud"
- Jayme Ringleb: "Thief in the Interior, Phillip B. Williams"
- Rachel Sahaidachny: "The Spectral Wilderness, Oliver Bendorf"
- Kate Schapira: "Incorrect Merciful Impulses, Camille Rankine"
- Karen Tucker: "You Should Pity Us Instead, Amy Gustine"